CBD for Fibromyalgia
The new discoveries about CBD for Fibromyalgia have changed the perception of medical marijuana a bit. A few years ago it was almost impossible to think that a chronic disease associated with musculoskeletal pain and many other symptoms could be relieved with a cannabis derivative.
While these studies have been pre-clinical and conducted by researchers who have not been fortunate enough to be sponsored by large laboratories, the results are beyond great.
Although it is known that much more needs to be learned about the impacts of CBD for fibromyalgia, there is clear evidence that cannabidiol can be effective in helping with the different symptoms that this disease brings with it.
Cannabinoids react very well to fibromyalgia symptoms. Many of the studies that have been conducted have shown that CBD causes an effect to ntiinflamatorio, antioxidant and anxiolytic that are very useful for this disease. On the other hand, its analgesic effect significantly reduces pain and is located right in the areas where the lesions are focused.
But, before we delve into the details, let’s learn a little more about this disease. Remember that at FarmaCBD we want to make your life easier and we provide you with quality information.
CBD oil for Fibromyalgia
CBD creams for Fibromyalgia
Contenidos de la página
- 1 CBD for Fibromyalgia
- 1.1 What is Cannabidiol for Fibromyalgia?
- 1.2 CBD for Fibromyalgia
- 1.3 Studies conducted on CBD for Fibromyalgia
- 1.4 What CBD products are effective in relieving the discomfort caused by Fibromyalgia?
- 1.5 I suffer from fibromyalgia. What would be the correct dose?
- 1.6 Opinions about CBD for fibromyalgia
What is Cannabidiol for Fibromyalgia?
The fibromyalgia is a chronic condition that their cause is not known. It is very frequently accompanied by other symptoms, such as sleep disturbances, chronic fatigue, mood disturbances and, of course, chronic pain.
Stress and depression are thought to play a major role in the onset and development of this disease, which alters the sympathetic nervous system and the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HHA) axis .
It is a disease that has no cure so far, however, there are treatments to calm or reduce some symptoms. Thus managing to control the disease, and leveling the levels so that crises are not generated.
Fibromyalgia cannot be prevented, even people who have it for years suffering or in the worst case scenario spend their entire lives. Something that is very common, but not that prevents them from functioning on a social level, obviously the quality of life is reduced and there is a lot of suffering during the process.
CBD for Fibromyalgia
Due to the characteristics of the disease (which is related to stress and / or anxiety), and the properties of CBD for Fibromyalgia (which has relaxing effects) make an extraordinary fusion.
In fact, there are studies showing that CBD’s interaction with the endocannabinoid system (SEC) is excellent for pain relief. Cannabidiol activates the SEC so that it produces more receptor cells capable of inhibiting the sensation of pain.
At the same time, it has been noted that CBD interacts with the activity of astrocytes , the main cells (and also abundant) that are responsible for inflammatory processes, brain synaptic activity and memory.
That would explain some effects of CBD for Fibromyalgia related to neurological symptoms. Some of the advantages can be highlighted:
- Calms anxiety, stress and insomnia: Thanks to its analgesic properties, its effectiveness has been proven, because by relieving pain, stress levels drop and the body can relax more easily. Consequently, people manage to sleep with a good night’s sleep.
- Positive outcomes for people with depression: When there is depression, there may also be some underlying inflammation in the brain. CBD eliminates it, and it is one of the ways it works to treat this disorder.
- It is also possible to treat the symptoms of anxiety, so closely related to stress and depression, by providing the body with the necessary relaxation.
- Improves mood: without pain, mood is regulated and the immune system is not affected as much. At the same time it has the potential to keep the nervous system in complete tranquility, offering you secondary benefits.
Studies conducted on CBD for Fibromyalgia
Cannabidiol is a chemical that is extracted from Cannabis. It is important to note that when used as a complementary treatment for fibromyalgia, cannabidiol is not psychoactive (like THC, also extracted from Cannabis).
It is held as the main hypothesis that CBD for Fibromyalgia activates the serotonin receptors, influencing the reduction of inflammation. Thus maintaining body temperature and pain perception.
Some studies that work and contribute to this hypothesis
- In 2009 a study on the analgesic potential of Cannabinoids was published: in this study the interaction of the receptors of the endocannabinoid system with the cell was explained, demonstrating that these receptors regulate the cell cycle. Regarding this, it is concluded in the statement that Cannabinoids act effectively as analgesics for pain from different conditions, including fibromyalgia.
- Also in 2019, a study was conducted in Israel, in which people with the disease were observed for a period of 6 months. Of the total of the participants, 82% were women. These people were given information on dosage, the 14 types of Cannabis to use, and delivery methods. All participants started with a low dose of cannabis and increased during the course of the study. Upon completion, the researchers concluded that CBD for Fibromyalgia was safe and effective.
- In 2011, a group of 5 researchers examined 56 people (the vast majority were women). A group of 28 participants were not cannabis users. The other group, made up of 28 other participants, used cannabis with varying frequency. Two hours after use, those using cannabis experienced reduced pain and stiffness and increased drowsiness.
What CBD products are effective in relieving the discomfort caused by Fibromyalgia?
To help relieve pain, CBD for Fibromyalgia and inflammation, some experts in this research suggest its use in oil . Over time, researchers have continued to study its effects by rubbing a small amount into the affected areas, achieving considerable relief in a very short time.
The pain relieving effects of cannabidiol oil obviously send signals to the brain that reduce pain. What is known about this achievement is that the composition of cannabis oil largely benefits people with this disease.
This oil is not only good for those who suffer from fibromyalgia, but also for those who suffer from osteoarthritis and other chronic diseases that limit movement.
Therefore, using CBD oil for fibromyalgia is an excellent option, when calming the cycles of higher pain threshold. That’s why u na of organizations that seeks to promote research on the use of these products is named “Foundation for fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome”. It has taken the commitment to promote the search for solutions for the pain of its patients.
They, in some way, have been in charge of spreading the effects of medicinal cannabis for this disease. At the same time they are spokespersons that CBD for fibromyalgia reduces inflammation and fatigue, attenuates the patient’s state of stress. Consequently, thanks to all this, it can make its life more bearable in the cycles of greatest affectation.
I suffer from fibromyalgia. What would be the correct dose?
It is important to note that the correct doses should be administered with medical guidance. Therefore, the doses may vary from person to person.
It is always recommended that the lowest dose be taken, and that if necessary, it is increased very little by little. Sublingual CBD oil doses can be combined with locally applied topical creams.
Opinions about CBD for fibromyalgia
Searching in different reliable sites on the Internet, and through our clients’ own comments on our website, we have been able to confirm a bit everything that we have mentioned above.
Interestingly, the opinions come largely from women and this has surprised us. Most report having improved a lot after the consumption of medicinal Cannabis in the form of oil.
The population consulted speaks of the fact that the consumption of cannabidiol in oil helps them to relieve pain in times of crisis. At the same time, they value the fact that there are several presentations and cannabidiol oils are sold in different concentrations, since they can be used depending on the individual needs of each patient.
It could also be seen that it is used to improve sleep, which is highly beneficial in reducing stress and anxiety . On the other hand, people commented that headaches and migraines are no longer so bad, and if they are, you have a quick solution.
In conclusion, the consumption of Cannabidiol by people who suffer from fibromyalgia and use it as a pain reliever, is highly valued and recommended.
So if you want to include CBD to improve the discomfort caused by this disease, you can enter our CBD Oil section and buy the one that best suits your needs.